domingo, 10 de enero de 2021

Masha Filomena

It is messy as it can be
I loved my mother
She died without my kiss
Just a telegram arrived
She is gone as the breeze

I was too late
She was not there 
When I mourned her sorryfully
Mamma left me 
All alone again

Father, Mafalda and I
Always escaped to the farm
Up in the mountains
Really far from the eyes

That birthday was my last
Daddy cried and fell from the horse
Mafalda stayed 
I felt to home

His heart just crushed
Someone just said
He was too old
At 52 years of age

Mamma stopped talking
Then she stopped walking
And then she just blocked 
Any contact with our world

They said it was fibromyalgia
That can as bad
As a witchcraft dammed sentence
To break her heart
But I knew father killed her soul
Every day with shouting
Every night quite low

I left to school
Then came college too
I could not reach her
As I was poor and the train too far
From my budget and from my might
Brothers sent me the ticket
As I had to say good bye
But traveling 800km 
Made me a week too late
As she left this world
Already a couple of years apart

Now I have a daughter
Quite more useful than the son
That a year before
We lost on fall

She will be as italian 
As Mamma was
And a bit wayuu is she would want
As I feel it all over
It's quite mad

I hold a baby
Just quite alike
As that woman that once
Was my Masha and my love
The only one
Who saved my soul

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Archivo del blog